Neil Bentley, BASF Risk Expert
- Director of Marketing, U.S. Crop
- Neil Bentley is responsible for overseeing the marketing activities for the U.S. Crop Protection business. He grew up in a small farming community in southern Minnesota where he began his agricultural career working summers while still in school.
- Neil earned his MBA from the Fuqua School of Business at Duke University. His professional career in the retail agriculture business started in 2001 when he joined BASF as a Sales Representative. Most recently, Neil worked abroad for BASF managing several active ingredients in their global marketing fungicides group.
- Neil resides in Raleigh, North Carolina, with his wife, Alison, and children Morgan and Lucas.
Dawn Brunmeier, BASF Grape Expert
- Technical Service Representative
- In her role as a Technical Service Representative, Dawn Brunmeier develops educational resources to promote proper use and timing of BASF crop protection products in California. She is a licensed California Pest Control Advisor and assists in the labeling process of new and current BASF products.
Previously, Dawn worked as a Research Associate at the University of California Cooperative Extension and owned San Joaquin Valley Ag Research. She uses these skills in her current role to coordinate research projects with the University to find innovative uses for BASF products across California’s diverse agricultural commodities.
Dawn received her master’s in Plant Protection and Pest Management from the University of California, Davis and her bachelor’s degree in Plant Science and Plant Protection from California State University, Fresno. Dawn is a member of serveral professional organizations including California Association of Pest Control Advisors (CAPCA) and the California Weed Science Society.
Justin Clark, BASF Seed Enhancement Expert
- Technical Market Specialist
- Justin Clark is a Technical Market Specialist with BASF Crop Protection. As a member of the Technical Marketing Team, Justin supports field research efforts and manages technical positioning, training and product-use recommendations for BASF seed treatment and seed enhancement products, including Stamina® and Stamina® F3 Cereals fungicide seed treatments, Vault® rhizobial inoculants as well as other seed enhancement products. Justin began his career with Becker Underwood in 2009 in R&D field development with responsibilities covering cotton and peanut development programs.
Justin earned a bachelor’s degree in agriculture and a Master of Science in entomology and plant pathology from the University of Tennessee, near his hometown of Sparta, Tennessee. Justin currently resides in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Alvin Rhodes, BASF Rice Expert
- Senior Technical Service Representative
- Alvin Rhodes is a Senior Technical Service Representative for BASF. He provides service to Mississippi, Louisiana and southeastern Texas with a primary crop focus of rice, cotton, corn, soybeans, wheat and sugarcane.
Alvin has worked for BASF since 2000 and has focused on the technical development and information transfer of newly developed crop protection chemicals. Some of those products include, Clearfield® Production System for rice; Kixor® herbicide technology; Headline® fungicide; Headline AMP® fungicide; Sercadis® fungicide for rice and Priaxor® fungicide for soybeans.
Alvin received a Bachelor of Science degree in Entomology and a Master of Science degree in Entomology from Mississippi State University.
Brady Spangenberg, BASF Trends Expert
- Market Intelligence & Research Manager
- Brady Spangenberg is the Market Intelligence & Research Manager for BASF Crop Protection. In this role, he is responsible for procuring, analyzing and distributing market research. He also works with marketing and sales teams at BASF to develop insights to make more informed, locally relevant decisions about markets and products.
Prior to his current position, Brady worked as Global Communications Manager for the BASF Crop Protection division based in Germany, where he managed strategic communications for all financial, R&D and new business topics.
Brady received his B.A. from Simpson College in Indianola, Iowa, and a master’s degree and Ph.D. in Comparative Literature from Purdue University. An Iowa native, Brady currently resides in Raleigh, North Carolina with his wife and two children.
Jim Vandecoevering, BASF Potato Expert
- Technical Service Manager, Western Region
Jim Vandecoevering is the Technical Service Manager for the Western Region with BASF. He manages ten Technical Service Representatives in the Western United States that are responsible for the technical positioning of BASF crop protection products on a wide range of crops. Jim uses his past work as a Technical Service Representative at BASF to lead his current team. In his previous position Jim was responsible for technical positioning of crop protection products in Eastern Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Northern Wyoming, Utah and Northern Nevada.
Jim received his bachelor’s degree in Horticulture from Oregon State University and master’s degree in Entomology from Purdue University.
Katherine Walker, BASF Almond Expert
- Technical Service Representative
- As a Technical Service Representative Katherine Walker provides technical support and training to the field BASF sales team, growers and PCAs in the western United States. She coordinates research with private and university cooperators, including the University of California and University of Arizona, to support news and existing products.
Previously, Katherine worked in the Biology Fungicides division of BASF conducting field, greenhouse, and lab testing for new fungicides. She supported the development of new fungicides for Zampro, Priaxor, and Merivon.
Katherine grew up in southeast Kansas. She attended Pittsburg State University where she earned her Master of Science in Plant Pathology and Bachelor of Science in Biology.
Dan Westberg, BASF Cotton Expert
- Technical Service Manager, Diversified Region
- Dr. Dan Westberg is a Technical Service Manager with BASF Crop Protection. Dr. Westberg is responsible for providing technical support for the diversified region, including supporting the diversified technical services team, overseeing research, developing product materials and educating customers on important best practices.
Dr. Westberg has held several leadership roles at BASF, including Technical Market Manager, International Technical Product Manager, Project Manager, Group Leader and Biology Project Leader.
Dr. Westberg attended North Carolina State University, where he earned a doctorate in weed science/plant physiology. He also has a master’s degree in weed science and a bachelor’s degree in agronomy/soil science from the University of Arkansas.
AJ Woodward, BASF Corn Expert
- Technical Crop Production Specialist
- AJ Woodyard is a Technical Crop Production Specialist with BASF. In this role, Woodyard works with the agriculture industry and growers to lead research trials aimed at maximizing corn and soybean yields. In addition, he helps conduct extensive research and agronomy trials at the BASF Midwest Research Farm near Champaign, Illinois. Prior to this position, AJ served as a Technical Service Representative, where he covered the southern two-thirds of Illinois.
AJ received his bachelor’s degree in crop sciences and his master’s in weed science from the University of Illinois. Born and raised on a corn and soybean operation in East Central, Illinois, AJ currently resides in Ivesdale, Illinois.